Thursday 4 November 2021

Inspire Me

It didn’t take long. I was hoping to be whisked off to a world of wonder. Maybe it was going to ask me some questions or play some improvisational music. Instead, I’m told that it can’t find that skill and I’ve got to find it on the app instead. It’s a good job my hands are free. After a few taps, I’m required to complete the set-up process by verifying my e-mail address. I’ve still got no idea what this skill will do or whether it’ll be worth it. Nothing comes to my e-mail address so I press the big launch button in the app. A smaller button below appears displaying my echo dot. It’s the only Amazon device that’s active at the moment. Finally, something happens. I get a narrative from J.K Rowling telling me about the benefits of failure. I’m then asked if I want to give them some money for providing this content. These skills seem to take a lot of effort to set up. Surely they should built solely by Amazon to guarantee their success?

No comments:

Post a Comment