Tuesday 9 March 2021

Stick or Twist

I haven’t done my assignment. It’s due today. I’ve just lost focus and haven’t had the time to finish it. Hopefully I won’t be called upon to give any answers and I can get it done as a priority first thing this evening. Maybe I’ll be lucky and there’ll be a change to the lesson plan so that I can get away with it. Or maybe I’ll get into a lot of trouble. I’m trying to act as nonchalantly as possible as we make our way to class but my heart is pounding as we enter the classroom and take our seats. Somehow I manage to end up at the front of the room. The question is asked and I’m called upon to answer. Then after one quick and honest “I dunno”, the teacher moves onto someone else and I breathe a sigh of relief; though I feel much better when I get out of the classroom so that I’m not called upon again or challenged as to if I did the assignment. I’ll feel even better as soon as I sit down and get the task done tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment