Thursday 3 October 2019

The Rough Guide to Scotland

Scotland: The Rough Guide, Third EditionScotland: The Rough Guide, Third Edition by David Abram
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I somehow ended up with this book from a previous visit of Scotland; I certainly didn’t purchase it and I suspect it just ended up in my bag after sharing a previous trip with someone else. Writing this review twenty years after its publication isn’t going to do the authors a great credit, but I guess the scenery hasn’t changed much (although the transport and parking services might have been reviewed). In general, I found this a brief but fair guide for the country. Only the major areas are mapped; but that’s probably all you need now. I was surprised that certain sights that I visited were omitted; but that could be because I focused most of my visit to a specific area. I think that if I was to buy another guide book; it’ll be a title from a different series; perhaps one that isn’t always focused on money.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment