Wednesday 14 August 2019

Inside the Belly of the Bier Baron, Washington D.C


What looked like quite a nice establishment from the outside ended up being a bit of a dive. We walked underneath the canopy and up the steps and redirected through a side-door and back down the steps which tried to create the impression of stepping into a cellar. A long wooden bar with twenty hand pulls was presented in front of us, and if I was on my own I would have loved to have sat at the bar to chat with the locals. However, we were mostly there to dine, and so we got shown to a room full of tables in the backroom surrounded by brewery memorabilia adorning the walls. I ordered a homemade burger and was quite tempted by a hand-pulled beer; though they all looked expensive and very strong. In the end I was given a leather-bound handbook and I selected an IPA brewed by the Eye brewery. Meanwhile, mother chose a cider which she wasn’t too fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment