Thursday 29 August 2019

Firebrand West Coast IPA at the Rose Villa Tavern, Birmingham

As I was passing through Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, I thought it was a great opportunity to grab the Cask Marque scan at the Rose Villa Tavern before I returned home. It was only a stone’s throw away between my destination venue and the tram stop, and it’s an area of Birmingham that I haven’t visited for a long time. I found the pub quite quickly, and wondered how I would remember it. As I entered, it seemed that it hadn’t changed much. It still had its magnificent stained-glass windows present. Once I’d reached the bar, it did seem that there was a local’s corner and it took some peering over shoulders to see the beers on offer. But I did spot a beer from a brewery that I’d never heard of before. It was kept in a great condition and was very reasonably priced too. Once I’d got my beer, I headed round the corner to sit in a very comfortable tall armchair. I felt that Morpheus and Neo could have met here. I still hadn’t spotted the certificate scan though, but I discovered through a quick chat with the bar staff that they were waiting for it to arrive. On the plus side, there was excellent wi-if and I connected quite quickly; only to find that my time was limited as my return tram was en route. Hopefully I can get back there again soon and take advantage of their offers on their mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment