Tuesday 19 December 2017

Plague of the Pringles

Like many people; I enjoy a late-night snack. My latest fancy is Tesco’s Chipz which is a cheaper version of Pringles. They’re the same shape but they come in a lot less flavours but they’re also cheaper which is why they’re so popular. And just like Pringles, you can’t stop once you pop. A few days before my Pringle-fest I did a smaller supermarket shop on my own to pick up a few Christmas presents; and restocked the cupboard with Chips but I also got some genuine bacon-flavoured Pringles to stash under my bed since they were on offer. And on the evening in question I’d been out for some beers and had a good scoff in bed upon my return. On the following morning I felt dreadful and didn’t have any energy whatsoever. I forced myself up as I had to be dragged through another weekly supermarket shop and nearly passed out. I was gagging for water when we returned and had to go for a lie down but was forced out to another expedition to take my mother to visit some else’s sickbed. A mediocre coffee had little effect; and neither did water or an afternoon nap. I didn’t have any energy in my legs whatsoever. But somehow I pulled through and made it into work the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment