Sunday 8 October 2017

I'm Sleeping on the Oakland Bridge

It’s not the actual bridge that I’m sleeping on; but a digital image printed onto my bedding! At first I thought it was a New York Bridge; but then the view of the Transamerica building on my pillowcase corrected me. As all things that you buy from a catalogue, it looks good in the picture but the actual image is a bit distorted as it’s blown up and stretched over the fabric. But the smudges do disguise any stains that might arise. The material itself feels quite rough but it has a decent thread count to offer a fair amount of warmth. The sky has a strangely vivid sunset which just happens to match the colour of my walls, and the lights on the building blends in with this too. The tarmac and the lights of the buildings share the same sort of light, while any natural materials are camouflaged in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment