Monday 2 October 2017

Futurama

I’ve been a fan of this show ever since it first aired on TV. It was one of the first box sets that I owned; both on VHS and DVD!  Its exciting perspective of life in the 31st century is simply amazing; and it also has the ability to mock current technologies. Its irregularity of its broadcast often meant that it was hard to discover when the series had ended; and it was only after bumping into regular repeats that I didn’t recognise on the TV that a new series had been written. Would the show end with four feature films? No, thanks to the constant nagging of the fans. Once the writers got past season six, they knew that they had a good run and didn’t even bother with a series finale. Even the show’s current ending leaves the show open for another series. And even as I type this I’ve discovered that there’s a podcast episode published only two weeks ago!    

No comments:

Post a Comment