Saturday 7 October 2017

Gone for a Burton

I had a mission to get to Burton. I’d been promised a free tour of the historical site of the brewery so long as I attended a meeting afterwards. After leaving the train station, I had no choice but to follow the blue dot on my phone; which took me on a long walk out of town. Suddenly, I found that I was walking around the back of the brewery, but I was rescued by a fellow attendee. Since he had driven because of mobility issues; I found myself having no choice but to look after him while we climbed the many steps around the site. But we still had an excellent tour. We were shown the fermenters and the racks; all of which were on a ridiculously large scale; and had to climb many steps for a good view. We were also shown a tour of the delivery yard and were told of the brewery’s modern day logistical operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment