Sunday 30 July 2017

Regatta Rucksack

I needed a new rucksack for my walking holiday. My old one served me well but its zips no longer seals the main compartment. So I ordered a nice new and blue one off e-Bay. It’s made by the same people who have made my tent, so it’s a reputable brand. It’s got the elasticated side pouches just like the old one to hold drinks. It’s also got a larger elasticated pouch on its front side; though I’ve yet to trust putting anything into that pouch. What it hasn’t got is a front side pocket, so all my secure stuff has to be thrown into the main compartment. But within a minute of wearing it one of the zips comes off the track. Not a problem since there’s a second one. But when I was in a dark and dinghy pub I was desperate to find my wallet, and now the second zip has come loose. It’s now absolutely useless. When the old bag went, I managed to use the strap on the back to secure the main pouch. Now I have to use the zip ties, and it’s not the easiest thing to undo afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment