Sunday 9 July 2017

CAMRA's Peak District Walks

Camra's Peak District Pub WalksCamra's Peak District Pub Walks by Bob Steel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This guide really made me want to get out there and explore the Peaks. I’ve even bought a map in readiness. As well as detailed directions; there’s also advice on where to go on both good and bad weather days; and it also suggests diversions if you’re looking for something that’s off the beaten track; or for just more information on the general area without taking too much context away from the title. Each walk tells you the type of terrain to expect as well as transport information to the starting point. It also gives ideas of places to explore when you’re tired of walks; and the photographs just want to make me get out there and see it all the more. Most importantly, it recommends some good pubs; not just pubs that sell real ale but pubs that are welcoming to walkers. I just hope that the information is still in date.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment