Friday 5 August 2016

Liverpool Organic 24 Carat Gold at the Cavern Pub, Liverpool

I was quite proud to be able to visit the Cavern Pub; a former tribute pub to The Beatles. The actual club is just over the road; but there was a gig on and they were charging on the door. I might have been interested if it was someone I'd heard of; but we were pub crawling and this was the next best thing; a swift half of Liverpool Organic’s 24 Carat Gold- at least the beer was local. I had my mugshot taken in front of Ringo’s drums; then did what everyone else was doing; wandering around looking at the portraits on the walls of the celebrities who’ve done the same thing; only they were permitted to sit at the drums. But I think it's embarrassing to let Ant & Dec have a go; especially since they can't actually play any instruments. Screens everywhere were playing videos of the Fab Four when they were live in the club and the queues to get in outside; alongside ticket stubs framed for prosperity. I should have bought some of the memorabilia on sale; but I didn't see any key rings. At least; I don't remember seeing any key rings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment