Sunday 20 April 2014

Too much wood at the Woodies


My local pub used to be a cracking venue; they’d always make the effort to have something on to keep you entertained and make you feel guilty when you leave. But last night was absolutely dead. There was no band available despite being a bank holiday weekend. The lounge was empty. There were a few locals there having an argument about change. And only one hand pump had a pump clip on show. I know for a fact that they’ve cancelled their advert in our magazine. But they do have a sneaky barrel behind the bar but they don’t advertise it, and they sell it a lot cheaper too. And while the barmaid was telling the girl who served me that they weren’t short changed, she forgot about handing my change over too. Something is not right in that pub. I’d like to go there and support it more but the beer was a bit too woody, so it’s one place I won’t be visiting for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment