Friday 4 October 2013

Those Autumn Days

It’s Autumn and the days are getting darker. I'm certainly feeling more tired in the evenings. Plus the mornings are getting a bit difficult too. I usually set my alarm for 6am to ensure that I'm up to write a morning piece; and just pick up my phone to start writing. Though usually I'm just either dozing back off or playing games; at which point it gets to ten past seven. By then I have to move quickly in order to get breakfast and through the bathroom too. By then it’s too late to make the planned walk to work and I end up driving. As we don’t get much light in the stockroom, it’s difficult to adjust and we constantly find ourselves dazed and confused; especially when we often have periods of quiet in the shop. But soon, the temperature will drop and our clocks will go back. Is this for the better?  

No comments:

Post a Comment