Monday 21 October 2013

Lost in the Labyrinth

I've just finished reading Kate Mosse’s Labyrinth. It was a strange tale to start with; but I made good progress and managed to read around three chapters a day. The constant flashbacks made the whole plot confusing; and I often had to backtrack to remind myself as to what each character were up to. This morning, I burned right the way through to finish the book; and amazingly I found myself heading back through it to pick out the good bits. I never thought I’d do this in a million years; I found so many bad similes and vague scene descriptions in the book; it never seemed to flow.  It’s quite hard to picture the characters; but I've been told that the TV series portrays it a lot better. And now that I've finished the whole book, I've got some time to think about the next book from the BBC’s Big Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment