Wednesday 21 August 2013

Talk about a slow start!

So today was a failed mission to get to Swindon. It was the grand day to examine my performance diary to see how I am progressing in my role. After failing to finish it last night, I tried again this morning in place of going swimming. After a bit of inspiration from a cup of tea. things did start to move but so did the clock. My new plan was hit the road and grab some gas; then full speed ahead to Swindon to visit the McDonalds next door with another attempt of finishing the darn thing. A sneaky shortcut saw me filling up on time and I managed to hit the motorway only a minute behind schedule; but then heavy traffic came about just before Ross on Wye. After a bit of wheel dodging it looked like I would have fifteen minutes to grab a coffee and a bagel. But despite this my fourth trip to Swindon, I always seem to find a new road to explore just outside the city. Luckily this one was only a couple of miles out  but it still ate up time. Then upon arrival in the city I found that my usual car park was closed and and drive round the block to find another one. Luckily, this one was a third cheaper and I could pay by phone providing that I knew where I was. After playing hunt the thimble on the Internet I did indeed discover where I was and managed to park my car electronically; however this meant I only had ten minutes before the meeting actually started which actually meant no breakie at all. The solution: start doing things earlier!!!

2 comments:

  1. The question I have here is did you manage to get your performance review finished? Did your mcdonalds bagel and coffee give you the inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to re-read the thing.

    ReplyDelete