Saturday 17 August 2013

No frowns at The Crown

Last night I visited the Crown Inn beer festival in Alvechurch. It was a fantastic night out and a brilliant atmosphere. Lots of people were trying real ale and cider; and the staff were very friendly indeed. They even recognised me from last year (hope I wasn't too tipsy then)! Although it was a cloudy night, it wasn't too cold and the moon was out to provide the lighting.  There was a great range of ales and the entertainment was a guy from Bromsgrove on an acoustic guitar who churned out some amazing tunes without drowning out the crowd. Although I started on the weak beers, I quickly worked my way up to the 6.4% Monkey IPA from Artbrew; as I wanted to try the ones that I hadn't tried before first.  My favourite beer was the Hunny Bear from the Cannon Royall Brewery. The only downside was that there was a huge ice bucket alongside the real ciders. We all know that ice is lethal; that's what sunk the titanic. It was a great little festival in a pub car park.  

No comments:

Post a Comment