Saturday 15 June 2013

The end of high street browsing

So yesterday I ran into a bit of a dilemma. Father’s Day is approaching (congratulations, you’ve got more responsibilities day); and I arranged a present long ago; it was Lincoln on DVD. Only trouble was that the old man had already seen the film; it was shown on the plane when he went on holiday. So I cancelled the order but was totally at a loss as to what to get him. And then yesterday in W H Smith I was browsing for ideas and it hit me; another film that he hasn’t seen and he’s guaranteed to enjoy. But where can I get a copy? There’s no time for an internet order; and the economy has closed down all the other shops. Luckily I managed to find the film in the supermarket, but it just goes to show that you really do have to sit down and plan these things. Browsing is a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment