Wednesday 5 June 2013

Say cheese...

So last night was cheese club. The idea is simple – you bring some cheese or a deli item to the sharing table; say no more than £3, buy yourself a drink and tuck into the feast on offer. There was absolutely tons of the stuff. There was homemade bread, turkey and ham pie, spring rolls, garlic sausage and at least eight different cheeses. I quite favoured the one that I donated the most; an aged red Leicester cheese from Sainsbury’s. But the strangest thing was that there was not a single cracker to be found on the table. We had Wensleydale, Mexican cheese, stilton and cheddar, but not a single cracker was present. How bizarre. But the oddest thing of the evening was the conversation I had with the landlord telling me how Aldi has some great deals on their deli counter; and  even presented me with a copy of their latest sales brochure. Time to go continental. 

No comments:

Post a Comment