Wednesday 23 December 2020

Double Trouble

 Mum’s TV went kaput. She has a small one in the bedroom to doze off on when she can’t get to sleep at night. Anyway, one moment there was a picture and the next there was just a black screen with a colourful wibbly line. She could still get perfect sound but it looked like the screen had given up. So one of my little jobs for the day was to sort her out a new TV. A quick search online found a good brand at a reasonable price; but we also found a lower brand one that was smart for the same price. After a quick explanation she was keen on the idea so the TV was duly collected. Just before I started ripping out the packaging, I thought it best to give the stand a good clean so that I wouldn’t get dust into the rest of the room. As I did this, I though I’d try the dust-free TV one last time before its trip to the tip…and it worked first time! It looked like some of the screen had come loose at the top which exposed some white backing; but now we have two TVs and a decision to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment