Friday 25 December 2020

Bodged Job #dreamdiary100

I’m running late for a delivery job. We’re hanging out in what I thought was an abandoned garage. I’m waiting for a van so that we can fill up its tyres. Meanwhile, one of the newer drivers admits that he’s a bit nervous about driving his van so I agree to accompany him on a test run. At a five-point roundabout I tell him to take the second exit but rather than waiting in the queue he decides to mount the kerb and drive alongside the adjacent pavement. ‘I thought that we could do that as we’re delivery drivers’ he explains. I dismiss him then open the doors to the garage. I decide that as soon as my van arrives I’ll leave it in the garage and go out in my employee’s van. The trouble is that his first delivery was a microwave. As I’m holding the microwave, I hear a noise coming from the corridors in the back. It turns out that the garage isn’t abandoned but it’s a warehouse for microwaves! I realise that the microwave that I’m holding could be mistaken for one of theirs. On my way out, I’m forced into a team meeting where a variety of thefts are discussed, and they begin to show images from CCTV. Fortunately, they can’t get it working. I decide to return to my van and slowly walk away with my microwave while a security guard watches me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment