Thursday 17 September 2020

Mexican Stand-off

I was once given the task of helping to set up another store. It was a commute of 36 miles to get there from my town into the suburb of a city. It took an hour to get there because of traffic and another 45 minutes to get back. I was told that I could claim back petrol costs if I kept hold of my receipts and filled in a form upon my return which was duly completed. I was then told that the money would be paid into my salary. Two pay checks came and went but I still hadn’t received my expenses. My manager said that he would chase it up but I didn’t see any action happen. So one day I announced that I wouldn’t complete any work until I was paid. I sat in the office for a full hour refusing any task until I had cash in my hand or I saw relevant action to demonstrate that the task was completed. It only took an hour for him to pay up.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment