Friday 18 September 2020

Beer in a Box

I’ve been looking for a good supplier of of-trade beer for a while. Then one day an offer came up to get a box delivered to my door for free. I thought I’d give it a go as I could cancel any time. But before I’d managed to empty the box of its contents, another one arrived. Oh well I thought, at least I’d got two for the price of one. That quickly became three for two then four for three. At one point, I had three boxes on the go. I was just about to cancel then the lockdown kicked in and the pubs shut. It also changed my work habits but I did manage to make quite a dent in the quantity of beers on the shelf. It suddenly became useful. Some of the beers are very nice, while others are very artificial and aren’t necessarily ones that I’d choose. I did come close to quitting but they provided a mixed case option so I’ve subscribed to that instead. You get cans as well as bottles which I’ve not fond of and it’s a smaller serving; but you also get a snack (usually nuts) and a magazine. The articles can be a bit repetitive as they often tell the same stories; but they’re always portrayed as an adventure in beer. I think the editors are still sampling when it comes to publication as plenty of errors blend through. There’s also a loyalty points scheme where you can rate the beers you try and spend these points on beers of your choice. This month’s box is late. They’re blaming the pandemic that they’ve been busy shipping out their orders for their upcoming beer festival. I’m also due a book which hasn’t arrived yet. And cancelling can’t be done online; you have to call them up and listen to their sales pitch. It’s time to see how good their customer service is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment