Sunday 2 August 2020

The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher

The Shell SeekersThe Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pilcher creates a perfect blend of characters who intermingle between wartime Britain and as close to modern-day times as she can get. I love her liberal characters that don’t judge people by convention and are happy to support and respect others independently and without any meddling. The passion that Pilcher uses to describe her relationships is simple and honest; there’s no vulgar metaphors or lengthy descriptions about the scenery; just honest dialogue and interactions between her characters. I did find the flashbacks quite annoying at times; I would have liked to learn about the interaction between Antonia and Olivia before the reunion with Penelope. During the flashbacks I expected further relationships which led to disappointment. The conclusion was so sad that it brought a tear to my eye; but it was fantastic that Penelope overcome her tragedies and took steps to choose compassion over maternal bonds to build future hopes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment