Tuesday 14 January 2020

Pub on Fire #dreamdiary 83

There’s been a fire at my local pub. It’s not my preferred local; that’s in the other direction from my house. This is the one for hard knocks that you’d only pop in for a desperate pint if there was nowhere else to go. The police have closed the road and street off to allow the emergency services to finish clearing up. I race upstairs a people’s home complex opposite for a better view; and one of the flats is vacant and open. I venture into the unfurnished home to find a reporter taking pictures of the remains of the pub. It’s been completely covered with smoke. Men are walking in and out with furniture and are dumping it on the roadside. What caused the fire isn’t clear. Was it an insurance job to convert the land into houses? Was it the pub company’s usual tactic when things don’t go their way? Or did a true tragedy occur here?

No comments:

Post a Comment