Sunday 5 January 2020

Game of Thrones by Geroge R. R. Martin

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This tale is amazing. In simple terms, it’s Lord of the Rings for adults. There’s so much graphic detail that Tolkien wouldn’t even dare to touch. Martin isn’t afraid to portray the lowest form of human cruelty. And the layout of the book is interesting too. Rather than simple chapters, he flicks through the eyes of each principal character. There are also tons of backstories to each character and his family, but Martin fills us in gradually with each chapter rather than take us through pages of prologues. I loved the character of Tyrion. He doesn’t let his physique get the better of him; and he’s quite noble compared to the rest of his family. The main problem that I have now is deciding who is the protagonist. And of course, there’s many mysteries and fates that are yet to be resolved. The only disadvantage I had of reading this book was that I watched the show before reading it, but I think that the show was faithful enough. Only three more books and six TV series to go.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment