Monday 15 July 2019

Fownes The Elephant Riders at the SU bar, University of Warwick


Our next destination was to the oldest pub in Coventry where we’d heard that a beer festival was in progress. I put my faith into my friend as I had no idea where this pub was. My friend decided to waste no time and jump into a hackney cab next to the bus stop. Oddly, this taxi followed a bus all the way back to the train station and it was then that I realise that it was the same bus that I caught earlier. The actual pub was only a further ten minutes’ walk, and if I’d known that then I would have insisted on just catching the bus as my contactless card would register a value fare. Consequently, we were charged £12.50 for the journey and I had to chip in a tenner. I need to stop hanging out with people who are prepared to flash their cash and say yes wherever they go. I certainly felt like I’d paid to ride in on an elephant, though I suppose the good thing was that the cab did drop us right outside our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment