Wednesday 24 July 2019

Bench Press

We needed a new garden bench. The old one had only lasted a year or so and the wood had begun to rot through. The first one that we picked out had a wicker basket lining but the shop had sold out. Our second choice was of a steel design. It came fully assembled and was just wrapped in cardboard and foam to prevent it from scratching. Of course, the main problem was to get the thing home. I put the rear car seats down and found that if I tilted it at an angle, I just about managed to fit it in. I had to put all my other belongings in the foothold though. Then I had the joy of taking the bench to a pub before I went home. Luckily it was dark as otherwise someone might have accused me of stealing pub property. Of course, it was dark too when I got home and had to take it out of the car and put it in the garage without making too much noise or cause any damage. It was a right work-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment