Sunday 28 July 2019

Breakfast Wrap at the Moon & Bell, Loughborough


This was a busy town centre Wetherspoon pub that was full to bursting and clearly needs to expand. It’s very closed plan and has lots of alcoves and little booths which tend to get in the way of each other. As I was first off the bus, I decided to get a pint first and worry about seating later. Unfortunately, I let someone before me put in a very large order which required the changing of a barrel as well. Once I’d got seated, I put my phone to good use and ordered the breakfast wrap which came quite quickly, though I’d wished I’d ordered a side of baked beans with it as well. Conveniently, my friend ordered a large breakfast but wasn’t a fan of the hash browns or mushrooms, so I used that to my advantage. Our table was down the aisle away from the bar but past the toilets, and we found that everyone was constantly trying to squeeze past us. They did have a very nice exhibit paying tribute to the publishers of Ladybird books though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment