Wednesday 5 September 2018

Moving Work #dreamdiary 61

It’s early in the morning and I arrive for work just in time. There’s a few people waiting outside the building for me as it’s my job to unlock the building. They’re a bit annoyed as it’s been snowing and my arrival will cause them to clock in late by the time I unlock the doors. I kneel to unlock the padlock. Everyone’s darted inside by the time the steel shutter reaches the top. My first task is to find somewhere to put my lunch. I find this kitchen with lots of small ceramic cupboards but none of them are big enough to store my lunch box. I suddenly realise that this kitchen is actually a show kitchen that’s in the public area and it belongs to a neighbour of ours that we share the building with. I head around to the side where our shop is and there’s no sign of our business whatsoever. I leave the building and climb a hill. Halfway up, I see a sign inside a shop window with our logo on it advertising which way to walk to get to the store. I climb the hill and see we’ve moved to a new brick building and a blue company lorry has just driven down the road in front of me, presumably having made a delivery. I stand outside and wander if I should even bother to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment