Thursday 31 March 2016

When a long journey becomes short...

I took a long haul journey to Liverpool this week. Secretly, I was dreading the whole journey as we got the cheapest tickets with one of the tattier train companies that hasn’t got the best reputation for punctuality. And worst of all, the value of the ticket meant that we would stop at every single stop along the way. But the journey wasn’t that bad at all. For starters, the train was very quiet, both inside and out, which I was very surprised at being as this was a key time for travelling to our conference with the best value tickets. We had a lot of spacious room and even managed to get a table. We travelled at a decent speed and sailed through all the stations; and also enjoyed some very pleasant scenery along the way. I would have got some reading done too; but I had a friend to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment