Saturday 19 March 2016

Deception in my Curry

As I had a full hour available for my lunch break this afternoon, I decided to dabble in some microwave cookery. So I popped over to the Marks and Spencer food hall; and found a great big bowl of coronation chicken to bung in and go. Or so I thought. As I removed the sleeve I spied a plastic strip which I assumed to be the handle of a plastic fork. But when my food went ding and it came to serving up time; it was actually a lid similar to a steamer with just sauce underneath. I understand that it's very healthy and trendy to steam vegetables and it was quite a nutritious meal what with the cauliflower and the sunflower seeds; but the fact that there's a hidden lid halfway down the bowl makes the lunch somewhat deceiving. Sorry M&S but Sainsburys are still the kings of supermarket curries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment