Thursday 10 March 2016

Dock Talk


‘Do you think they’ll notice?’
‘No, we’re too high up for them to care. I’d like to see one of them climb up all the way here. Just be careful what you’re doing. As long as we don’t draw attention to ourselves, we’ll be fine. Did you bring the sugar?’
‘Dam, no, sorry I forgot.’
‘Oh, now come on. I’ve managed to lug all this kit up today and you had to do one thing. Now we’ve got all this tea brewing and I can’t even drink any.’
‘Sorry. I’ll get you a pint tonight.’
‘Yeah, well tomorrow you can smuggle the brew in. Now surely you’ve got the tools.’
‘Yeah, they’re here.’
‘Well, let’s get drilling then.’
‘Did you see the game last night? Murphy scored a hat-trick.’

‘No, I spent too long talking to old Paddy at the bar. He wanted me to look out for a new shipment of whiskey for him.’

No comments:

Post a Comment