Friday 6 November 2015

Solihull Beer Festival

I was quite looking forward to a session on my own at Solihull Beer Festival. It was in a new venue; and I had plenty to read through while I was there. The signs were good, a second train would take me onto Dorridge; and from there I would have a mile’s walk to the marquee at the cricket club. Two things that I didn’t think about: Firstly the size of the beer festival. As it was in a small marquee; there wasn’t much room for seating; and October wasn’t exactly the time for outdoor weather. Secondly; everyone who I ever knew in CAMRA seemed to be there; so I ended up chatting to a lot of people while not doing much at all. The novel thing that I enjoyed were the quotes on the door of the railway station waiting room; it seems that Dorridge wants its visitors to leave with a sense of education and well-being during their travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment