Saturday 21 November 2015

References

I’ve recently been asked to write a reference for a friend. It’s for a volunteer position at a library, and my friend has been undertaking some volunteer work on my committee team for over ten years. The post involves some manual work alongside working with customers. My friend was a bit weary of me mentioning what he does for our society; but I felt that that was the only capacity in which I felt that a reference could be useful. After googling ‘how to write a reference’, I put some text together. The e-mail didn’t say in what format was required, so I decided to just write a few paragraphs. I read through the job description and tailored it as best I could to adapt it to his skills. The only thing that I feel would let him down is the fact that he has no interest in the literary world at all. I just hope that there is not too much competition for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment