Thursday 19 November 2015

Church End Cuthbert at the Dragon, Worcester

I have been in the Dragon a number of times; mainly for its convenient bus stop right outside. It’s not a particularly well furnished pub, with tatty wallpaper and peeling tables which clearly show a long term occupancy. However, my interest perked up when there was scaffolding outside the building and just behind it were the words ‘Church End Brewery’ peeking out. The guy behind the bar couldn’t tell us much other than a full refurbishment was in progress; and we also noted that the famous board of banned topics of conversation had vanished from existence. Five beers were available, all from Church End Brewery, and the first one I’d ordered from the menu wasn’t available. I then settled for a Cuthbert, which one of the Worcester branch members bought for me before disappearing to the other side of the room. I then had to make my excuses as the meeting seemed to have finished; and we had all seemed to have gathered into a corner which I couldn’t get into.  

No comments:

Post a Comment