Thursday 5 November 2015

Sadler's Mellow Yellow at the Wildmoor oak, Bromsgrove

It had been a long time since I’d set foot in Lorenzo’s bar; and this afternoon was a welcoming visit as I was to meet the CEO of the Campaign for Real Ale. Having only been given a brief suggestion of an itinerary; I was considering an afternoon nap when my phone rang to tell me he was en route. Fortunately, I had delegated someone to meet him while I jumped into the shower and raced across Worcestershire with my evening meeting plans. The pub was fairly busy for a lunchtime session; but we still managed to commandeer a large table while Lorenzo told us of his aspirations for the restaurant while being under a pub chain. The beer was in good form; but the best part of the visit was Lorenzo’s Carribbean Jerk pork; served on a sizzling skillet with rice, chips and salad. It was absolutely delicious. I was very tempted to bring someone the following week as they have an excellent vegetarian menu; but we opted for food closer to home on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment