Tuesday 3 November 2015

Liberation's Sin Bin at the Penny Black, Kidderminster

This is a pub that I’ve been meaning to visit for some time. One year I came close and actually stood outside it; but my friend opted for another pub. So tonight I have finally graced its doors. The view isn't much; looking into a central pedestrianised area that's currently fenced off for development. There is also a derelict office building. But the local CAMRA branch has just voted it as their Pub of the Season, so now seemed a good time to check it out. I looked at the first array of hand pulls at bar; then searched for a second before realising that was all there was. Despite the small size; there's a lot going on; with a darts board; a dedicatedly  CAMRA board listing the committee members and an upstairs dining area. The  beer was in superb condition; and was  a tick for me as well,both off my beer and Cask Marque lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment