Saturday 29 August 2015

Mixed feelings at the Bramley Cottage

We'd managed to get money off vouchers for a nearby foody pub. All we had to do was to complete a short survey online. I did mine then found out that I had to wait for up to 24 hours for the voucher to come through. I headed up there and bought a pint of Bombadier then grabbed a table to wait for my friend; as it was quiz night the pub fills up quite quickly. I checked my emails and luckily the voucher came through. I went for the ultimate mixed grill with bearaise sauce (something I'd never had before) which came with a free house pint of Brakspeare (the beer selection wasn't the best that day). Over at the bar; there was quite a deal of button-pushing to get the larger meal to go through. When it did arrive; I noticed that the sausages were missing; which were brought out promptly on a side dish. They were large sausages but were actually quite tasteless; as was the steak and sauce. I'm glad I didn't pay full price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment