Monday 24 August 2015

Evening Drinks

After an evening curry with my family; my Aunt insisted on us coming inside her house to join her in a nightcap. She is not the best of hosts; for as soon as we were shown in; it was not clear whether it was the lounge; the kitchen or the back garden that we should be in to be received. It was eventually decided that the back garden would suffice; though I left my cardigan in the kitchen to be sure. We were then asked what would we like to drink. I asked for a beer; but she didn't have any. I asked what did she have and she counter-asked; ‘What do you want?’ Now I don't expect her to keep a fully stocked bar; but she could have given me some options. ‘Have you got any rum?’ ‘No.’ ‘Have you got any vodka?’ ‘No’. In the end I settled for a coffee; which I made into an Irish coffee once it was discovered there was Ballyrod alongside rum punch; brandy; a snowball and some whiskey. Now I never would've guessed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment