Friday 14 August 2015

Backyard Porter at the Black Tap

The long awaited Black Tap Brewery Taphouse is finally open! Hidden away in the town centre of Redditch near the bandstand; this pub will brew its own beer on-site. I popped down to the meet the team on a quiet Thursday evening. Five hand pumps were on the bar; which is great for the Redditch scene. It didn't take long for the barman to recognise me; though it took me a while to remember which pub he came from. I was then instantly given a tour of the cellar. The strangest thing was that I wasn't told anything of the forthcoming brews; instead I was treated to a tour of the fixtures. I was shown a new venting system for the beer; his plans to refurbish the cellar with cupboards and notice boards; together with his preparations of where the furniture should go. Not the most interesting of highlights for a new brewpub; but bless him; he showed me what he could. I thoroughly enjoyed the Backyard Porter; while the summer beer; although nice; was beginning to lose its condition. We concluded with a brainstorming session of future beer names.

No comments:

Post a Comment