Wednesday 19 August 2015

Black Sheep Holy Grail at the Snitterfield Arms; Warwickshire

I was quite looking forward to this country village pub but it quickly went downhill as I arrived. Two other cars were manoeuvring in the tiny car park as I entered; and the fact that there were no lines on the grounds meant that some people were left to take up as much room as they liked. I drove round the corner and parked a few doors down on the main road instead. When I reached the bar; it was good to see that the bar had been split into two smaller real and keg sections; but from there it went downhill. The smell of food dominated the whole pub; and the barmaid’s time was being occupied by an old country bumpkin who insisted on reading the menu in front of her. She did apologise for the wait; then forgot my change as she dashed off back to bumpkin to confirm his order. There was going to be zero atmosphere here so I finished my Black Sheep Holy Grail in the beer garden where the sounds of rattling crockery  in the kitchen echoed across the yard. I wasn't sure about the beer quality but I certainly wasn't going to make any friends by querying it or the whereabouts of their Cask Marque certificate. Another pub that I won't be venturing into again…

No comments:

Post a Comment