Tuesday 9 January 2024

The Others

This isn’t bad for a suspense film. I’d have liked to see a bit of gore or faces appearing rather than random objects appearing out of sight, but once that was put to bed I knew it was going to be a simple explanation that someone was dead. I knew it was going to be the creepy house staff but I didn’t consider the family at all. I also felt that there was little use of ‘Charles’ as a character. I didn’t understand why all the doors had to be kept locked. If they were open, surely it would be quicker to access the room to witness the event in question, especially if you have children left in them? And it bothers me where the curtains ended up. The film also creates an icy cold atmosphere with its lack of music. At least the conclusion leaves it open for a more violent and self-aware sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment