Saturday 27 January 2024

Clothes Racks

People react differently to textures. Sometimes even the thought of a tight woolly jumper makes me shudder and grit my teeth. The texture of most clothes aren’t that interesting to me though. They’ve come straight from the factory in thin polyethene see-through covers, each with their own hanger. There’s thick material for the winter and thin for the summer. There might be a nice sent of warm fabric but that’s all that gets me excited. I have to picture if I can wear these clothes and what images and situations I can conceive while wearing them. I might have visions of holidays and nights out with friends, but only if I feel comfortable wearing them. What excites me more is used clothes. I can instantly picture good times when I wore them and the memories associated with them. Sometimes there’s even a lingering smell or stain not quite visible that’ll bring back a good memory. Of course, when they’re dirty, I just want them out of sight but once they’re washed and back in the wardrobe a whole new adventure awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment