Friday 3 November 2023

Farming Essentials

The last thing you want to be without in a rural household is a kettle. If the heat fails, then at least you’ve got a quick source of warmth for comfort, soups, teas and hot chocolate. You’re also going to need a boost for those early starts, especially in the winter months. Ironically, the address isn’t as rural as I thought. There’s plenty of neighbouring houses if you need a hand, though in these times it’s not such a good idea to share. But there’s still a community atmosphere and people have set up small stations on their driveways to share baked goods and to observe a big clap for the National Health Service. I pull the van over to join in, though I’m not seen in greater esteem here even though I’m an essential worker. Still, I recognise the fact that I’m still allowed to be in full-time employment while others are struggling and are forced to shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment