Thursday 22 June 2023

Touching You

Of course, when it’s on a postcard, everyone involved in the card’s journey can have a quick glimpse of your adventure. I wonder what the printer is thinking. Do they cast their eyes over the content or is at all mechanised? Am I making their heart sink because we’ve had to stop our activities, even though they’re not the printer that we use? When it’s a card, it’s more personal as it’s both sealed and covered. But am I belittling the recipient by pointing out the obvious? Is there a sense of merriment in the sense that I’ve bothered to  send such a card? Am I making them worried by reminding them of the isolation of the situation or bringing up bad memories? Am I making them more miserable? It’s not exactly a flattering message or tale of inspirational hope but it’s not a demand for action or payment either. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment