Saturday 8 October 2022

Beans in a Box

I wanted to get my niece a present. The item that I got cost a little less than what I’d wanted to spend, so I decided to get some Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans to go with it. I originally wanted some chocolate frogs but I knew that the present would be gifted while she was on holiday so there was a could chance that they would melt. The generation that grew up watching Harry Potter is aging now so these sweets are becoming harder to find at retailers. Perhaps they’re taking longer to sell or maybe there’s a government-imposed sugar tax that’s driven the price up. The pandemic may also have had its part to play. The only way that I could track them down was through an order service on eBay. This didn’t fill me with confidence since anything could have been done to them or they could have been disguised to look like sweets. I didn’t receive any complaints about them so I assumed that all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment