Sunday 9 October 2022

Faster than the Speed of Magnets

I’m waiting to board the fastest train in the world! For something’s that so high-profile, I’m amazed that there aren’t greater security screening facilities compared to what else that we’ve experienced in China. Amazingly, it doesn’t seem that crowded. I wonder how many people use this as part of their daily commute or what the fare is. Once we got going, it didn’t seem that much faster than any other high-speed train that I’ve been on. Perhaps it’s because the outside world is placed further away from the track. There’s not much to see. A lot of us are focusing on the passenger information board that tells us our current speed, but it’s easily plausible that someone could have just typed text in. inside, it’s just like any other train carriage on the planet. I wonder how often it gets delayed. Apart from a regular humming noise because of the magnets, it’s very hard to spot the difference. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment