Wednesday 15 September 2021

Spam Man

I seem to be getting a lot of spam lately. The e-mails starts off to be large legitimate companies e-mailing me about their latest offers. Towards the bottom of the message, there’s adverts advertising links to interesting news sites. It’s the kind of thing that you see on third-party websites when you’re searching for advice on Google or browsing through news content. But what are they doing in this e-mail? It’s all very strange. The only thing that I can think of is that either a hacker is trying to get people to click on illegitimate links or that they’re purposefully adding my e-mail address to these lists in frustration because I haven’t fallen for any of their scams yet. The only action that I can take is to try and create an e-mail filter so that it goes straight into my junk box. There’s no way that their unsubscribe button is legitimate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment