Thursday 2 September 2021

Petrol Prices


I like to get value for money in my car and make every mile count to be as fuel-efficient as possible. I never fill the tank to the top if I can help it as I used to own an old Astra that leaked fuel when it was overfilled. But unless I’m planning to go on a long journey; I never consider filling up until the car tells me that it’s running low to get as many miles as possible out of each tank. The car’s computer that estimates how many miles are left is usually pretty accurate and if I’m staying local I like to let it run into the low tens before I get my wallet out. Once I let it run into single digits as I knew that I was passing a fuel station on my way home; but I had to stretch that out an extra three miles to drive to another filling station three miles away because the garage closed earlier that I thought! But when you’ve been driving the same vehicle for a long time you know what you can get away with.

No comments:

Post a Comment